<body>

Me







~ Worthless Chatter!! ~





Recent Grumbles


Past Ramblings


January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008



Now Playing



 
Shuffle
 Play 






Sunday, July 09, 2006

Have been thinking about this for a while now.. What do I really want to do after I graduate.. I got into EEE. But what do electrical engineers really do? It seems like I know more about the jobs of accountants and bio-scientists more than electrical enginners..

It had been some time since I'd talked to my cousin.. This was because for the past few weeks, I had been cabbing home right aft church to rest...
but today, althought I was shag to the max aft church having only slept at 730am & waking up at 830am.. I decided to tag along for lunch with my family, my uncle and my cousin.. Firstly because it was her birthday today.. secondly was because, both she and her husband were in the top 10% in the engineering faculty of NUS in their year (YES! I was stunned... I have such smart cousins.. What the hell happened to me?)

So yups.. sort of asked my cousin-in-law what was electrical engineering in the Singapore market like over lunch, since he held a EEE degree too..
I was quite surprised when I heard what he had to say...
Yes, you'll get comfortable conditions, a simple job, a good pay, and a stable future... but what they do everyday's the same.. too systematic a job.. was that what I really wanted??? A low prospects job, but with a huge scope? And after hearing what the interviews for engineers were like, I wasn't at all encouraged..

Before today, I did not think that with a EEE degree, you can actually go into law.. and when he mentioned that portion, it actually sparked something in me *interesting*
Guess it's probably time to sort out what I wanted to do with my life when I graduate..

Yes, like someone says, I can feel the old-ness creeping up in me... you'll think abt stuff you would never even think about in secondary or JC.. hah..


Last Hoped @ 5:01 PM

Y