<body>

Me







~ Worthless Chatter!! ~





Recent Grumbles


Past Ramblings


January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008



Now Playing



 
Shuffle
 Play 






Saturday, June 17, 2006

Imagine sitting in a hard chair in an office so cold you're freezing even with your sweater on, with over a hundred computer stations with one phone at every station, the phones ringing non-stop for 10 hours straight... and then, one voice talking into every single mouth piece, and you are listening to more than a hundred voices all at one time. Some loud, some soft, some sharp, some chirpy, some friendly, some tired, some deep... And you're starring at a computer screen right in front of you most of the time, totally uninterested in the 4 king-sized plasma TVs all showing THE SAME THING!!! Channel 27, World Cup Channel!!! And then, sitting up every 20 seconds to pick up a call, repeat a few lines by now so familiar to you, you can still remember every single word 20 years down the road... click a few times on the mouse, speak in a fake tone so friendly, the person on the line can't even tell that you are too exhasted to even force a smile... and then at the same time you are struggling to pick up what the person on the line is mumbling admist all that NOISE and worrying whether or not you have heard him wrongly and placed the wrong bet for him...

Next, imagine lying on a soft bed, quilt over your body, you head resting on a soft feather pillow, eyes closed, but you're not asleep yet... everything around you is quiet... your laptop is next to you playing music that you like, but at a soft, soothing volume... the sound of the drizzle outside hitting the window panes.. the wind blowing in, the temperature is just right... your hair smells of shampoo, your ear stops hurting... you can relax without thinking whether or not tomorrow you will be able to wake up in time for work...

The first scene, had been what my last 10 hours was like... the latter, what my next 10 minutes is going to be... Pheew....
No words could ever describe how I feel, after working non-stop for an average of 10 hours a day, and ending work at the deathly hours in the morning, for 4 days straight... not seeing and talking to anybody else except the people in your office... now, I finally get my long awaited rest... So glad I told my supervisor I did not want to work during the weekends...
Did I regret taking up the job??? Well, in spite of all those crap that I mentioned plus the late nights, the worsening complexion, the lack of exercise, the totally abnormal sleeping hours... work wasn't all that bad...

Maybe it was the company... Luckily I had SLee, Jared and Kelly with me.. And we made a few friends there too.. everyday as we shared the same cab back, I got to know 3 more friends who stayed in my area, and at least 5 other in the office as we talked to past whatever little time we had in between calls...
Crapping contents ranged from the largest amount we've seen in the client's account, to the wierdest people we get on the line... there are actually uncles who call in just to get to chat with the lady CSRs *faints*
And then there are the surnames of the people who call in.. hahahah.. I tell you... I would NEVER know that surnames like these existed if I hadn't worked there!!!
Try pronouncing 'Mr Htet'??? Think that's wierd.. try 'Mr Fok', 'Mr Cheena', 'Mr Moo'.... haha.. like what the~~~
And what's with the names of E-ways in sg and surnames? Because I swore I saw a "Mr PIE" and a "Mr AYE"!!! Hahaha.. YES!! Serious!!!!
Think the last names are funny, check out the FULL NAMES!! Haha...
I had a chinese national with the name "Mr Teh, Ping".. like wtf!!! My favourite drink!!!
Then was this lady with a funny high pitched voice.. her name came up on the screen as
"Mdm How, Ah Yweu"... LOL!!!
Even saw a "Mr Arrumugum" from the famous Mr Brown Show I think.. hahah...
I know it's mean laughing at people's surnames and all that.. but yar.. it's the only entertainment we've got... haha... so yups, sorry to the people with the funky names =b

Anyways, it's money hard earned... another week of torture and after that, as the match frequency drops, our work load will too... and I guess it'll be back to boring ol' home once again... got to get back in shape... Hope I will be able to change back to my normal sleeping habits after that... going to sleep.. more updates next time... to end off like always...


"Ok sir, thank you for betting with Singapore Pools. Good luck and good night!!!"


Last Hoped @ 7:36 AM

Y